William B. BensonPartner
In the worst of times, you’re going to want Bill Benson in your corner.
His focus is defending claims involving catastrophic losses, and he’s handled them successfully for a variety of insurance clients for nearly two decades. Bill has defended clients in such losses as fires, train derailments, natural gas explosions, highway construction zone accidents, shale gas extraction ("fracking") accidents, construction defect, product liability, medical/legal negligence, tractor-trailer accidents and many others.
Bill prides himself on being available 24/7 and has a first-responder’s mentality when it comes to catastrophic scenes. His proactive hands-on approach delivers timely and cost-effective resolutions as he gathers facts, coordinates with investigations by retained engineers and public officials, and cooperates with adverse parties.
Bill has received the esteemed Super Lawyers designation every year since 2012. He was selected for this honor subsequent to undergoing an evaluation of many different factors including peer recognition and professional achievement.
Before practicing law, he studied at Capital University Law School and graduated in 1990.
- Certified Litigation Management Professional, Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Catastrophic Loss Panel Counsel, Zurich North America
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2012-2020
- AV – Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Community Activities
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Board Member, Best Buddies Ohio, 2017-Present
- Investment Committee Chairman, Board Member, Foundation of Mount Aloysius, Inc., 1994-2016
- Head Football Coach, St. Matthew School, Gahanna, Ohio, 2000-2016
- House Manager, Christmas in April, 1990-1994